Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock you will probably have noticed The Greens have elected former GP Richard Di Natale as its new leader. Here’s 10 interesting facts about the Senator who only mentioned the word ‘environment’ four times in his maiden speech.
1. He studied medicine at Monash University before graduating with a Master of Public Health and Health Science at La Trobe University.
2. He worked as a GP all over the country and worked in an Aboriginal health service in Tennant Creek.
3. He is 44.
4. He played in the Victorian Football league for six years.
5. He supports the legalisation of medical marijuana and for a ban on live betting odds during sporting broadcasts.
6. He speaks Italian.
7. He lives on a farm with his wife and two kids.
8. His favourite films are The Godfather and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
9. He makes a mean pizza (possibly related to his Italian heritage).
10. He knows a lot about dogs.